Universities in Texas

Posted on January 11th, 2023 by International Student

Are you considering attending a university in the state of Texas? Whether you are looking for a large state school or a small private college, there are a variety of colleges and universities in the Lone Star State. In this article, we will provide an overview of the admission requirements, fees, and other details you need to know before applying to any of the universities in Texas.

Why Choose Texas Colleges and Universities?

There are many reasons to choose Texas colleges and universities. The state is home to some of the best schools in the country, including top-ranked public and private institutions. Texas also offers various academic programs, from traditional liberal arts to cutting-edge STEM fields. And with its large population and diverse economy, Texas provides students with internships, research, and job placement opportunities after graduation.

Another big selling point for Texas universities is affordability. In-state tuition at public universities is relatively low compared to other states. In addition, many scholarships and financial aid programs are available to help students cover the cost of their education.

The state’s climate and location make it an attractive place to live and learn. Texas has something for everyone, from vibrant cities like Austin and Houston to scenic mountain regions and coastal areas.

Texas School Search

List of Universities in Texas for International Students

There are many great universities in Texas that offer excellent programs for international students. Some of the top schools include the following:

Rice University

Rice University is a private research university located in Houston, Texas. The university was founded in 1912 and named after its founder, William Marsh Rice. The institution is known for its sciences, engineering, and social sciences programs and highly-ranked business school. The university is ranked first in Texas and top 20 in the US.

Rice University has a student body of approximately 4,000 undergraduates and 2,000 graduate students. The university offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs, including architecture, business, engineering, humanities, music, natural sciences, and social sciences.

Rice University is home to several research institutes and centers, including the James A. Baker III Institute for Public Policy, the Rice Quantum Institute, and the Rice Space Institute. The university also operates several international programs and initiatives, such as the Rice Global Engineering & Construction Forum and the Rice Internationalization Initiative.

QS Ranking 2023:73

Programs Offered: Undergraduate, Doctoral, and Masters

Intake: fall, summer, and spring

Programs Fees (Annual): Bachelors – US$ 51,107, Masters – US$ 38,500 and Doctoral – US$ 26,500

Admission Requirements: SAT-1560, ACT-35, TOEFL iBT-90(Internet) 600(Paper-based) IELTS-7

View Rice University on International Student.

Trinity University

With a history that dates back to 1869, Trinity University stands proudly in San Antonio, Texas on 99 acres of land. Home to around 2,500 students and accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), this private university offers an impressive range of undergraduate and graduate programs for future leaders.

QS Ranking 2023:N/A

Programs Offered: Bachelor and Masters

Intake: Fall

Program Fees (Annual): Bachelors – US$ 46,456, Masters– US$ 30,000

Admission Requirements: SAT- 1250, ACT- 28, GPA- 3.8, TOEFL- 100, IELTS- 7.0

View Trinity University on International Student.

Texas A&M University

Texas A&M University is one of the largest universities in the United States, with over 68,000 students enrolled. The university is located in College Station, Texas, and is a Texas A&M University System member. The university was founded in 1876 as the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas and was later renamed Texas A&M University in 1963.

The university is home to several research institutes and centers, including the Center for Remote Sensing of Ice Sheets, the Bush School of Government and Public Service, and the Cyclotron Institute. Texas A&M University is also a prestigious Association of American Universities member.

QS Ranking 2023:164

Programs Offered: Bachelor, Master, and Doctoral

Intake: fall and spring

Program Fees (Annual): Bachelors – US$ 39,340, Masters –US$ 17,588 

Admission Requirement: SAT- 1300, ACT- 30, and GMAT- 600

View Texas A&M on International Student.

Baylor University

Baylor University is a private Christian university located in Waco, Texas. Founded in 1845 by the Republic of Texas Congress, Baylor is the oldest continuously operating university in Texas and one of the first educational institutions west of the Mississippi River. Today, Baylor enrolls over 17,000 students from all 50 states and over 80 countries. The university offers over 140 undergraduate and 70 graduate and professional programs.

Baylor University has an accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master, and doctoral degrees. In addition, the Carnegie Foundation classifies Baylor as a “Doctoral Research University with High Research Activity.”

QS Ranking 2023:1003

Intake: Fall and spring

Program Fees (Annual): Bachelors – US$ 50,332, Masters – US$ 32,310, Doctorate – US$ 12,204

Admission Requirements: GPA- 3.72, SAT- 1200, TOEFL- 550 (Paper-based) and 213 (computer-based), and IELTS- 6.5

View Baylor University on International Student.

Texas Christian University

Texas Christian University (TCU) is a private, coeducational university in Fort Worth, Texas. The university was established in 1873 by Addison and Randolph Clark as the AddRan Male & Female College. The school became affiliated with the Disciples of Christ in 1881 and changed its name to the current one in 1910.

The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission accredits TCU on the list of colleges to award baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral degrees. The university consists of eight colleges and schools: AddRan College of Liberal Arts, Neeley School of Business, Harris College of Nursing & Health Sciences, John V. Roach Honors College, Brite Divinity School, Paul L. Foster School of Medicine, M.J. Neeley School of Leadership and Public Service, and the TCU Horned Frogs Athletics Department.

QS Ranking 2023: N/A

Intake: fall, spring, and summer

Program Fees (Annual): Bachelors – US$ 53,580, Masters – US$ 33,360, Doctorate – US$ 29,331.50

Admission Requirements: SAT- 1340, TOEFL- 80, and IELTS- 6.5

View Texas Christian University on International Student.

University of Texas at Dallas

The University of Texas at Dallas is a public research university in the University of Texas System. The main campus is in the Richardson, Texas, Telecom Corridor, 18 miles (29 km) north of downtown Dallas. UT Dallas offers over 140 academic programs across its eight schools and hosts more than 50 research centers and institutes.

Founded in 1969 as the Graduate Research Center of the Southwest, the university has grown rapidly into a comprehensive institution with over 23,000 students. It became a member of the University of Texas System in 1975 and was later renamed the University of Texas at Dallas in 1985.

QS Ranking 2023:N/A

Programs Offered: Bachelor and Masters

Intake: fall, spring, and summer

Program Fees (Annual): Bachelors – US$ 39,776, Masters – US$ 43,000

Admission Requirements: SAT- 1260, ACT- 85, TOEFL iBT- 80 (internet-based) 550 (paper-based), IELTS- 6.5s

View University of Texas at Dallas on International Student.

FAQs

What Is the Number 1 University in Texas?

Number 1 is a subjective topic, and the best university for you may not be the best for someone else. One of the most esteemed universities in Texas is Rice University, however. It held a QS ranking of position 23 in the U.S. in 2021. The acceptance rate at Rice University is 11%, while the average GPA required for admission is 3.96.

Is Texas a Good State for Higher Education?

Absolutely. Texas has many top-ranking universities that offer a wide range of degree programs. With its affordable cost of living, friendly people, and a more pleasant climate than some other states, it’s no surprise that Texas is an excellent choice for higher education. Plus, many employers recognize degrees from Texas universities as competitive and highly valued.

Is Texas Safe for International Students?

Indeed, the state promotes cultural variety, and the local universities consistently promote values of diversity and inclusion.

Get Started Today by Picking a Texas University

As you can see, a wide variety of universities in Texas offer excellent educational opportunities. From large public institutions to smaller private colleges, Lone Star State has something for everyone looking to further their education. Whether you’re interested in traditional college experiences or online learning options, you have plenty of choices when choosing a university in Texas.

Other Interesting Posts:

No Responses to “Universities in Texas”