Many students believe that attending a university in the U.S. is impossible because of financial reasons. However, many fail to consider that transferring to a university after completing a two-year degree program at a college is a way to save a significant amount of money. Many colleges offer 2+2 programs which allow students to transfer upon completion of an associate degree program. College of Central Florida (CF) in Ocala, Florida is a public college that offers this type of program. In this blog, we’ll take a closer look at CF’s 2+2 University Transfership Program to help you decide if this path is right for you.
How it Works
When completing the CF admissions application, you may indicate that you are interested in transferring to a university upon completion of your associate degree program. If you aren’t sure about participating in the transfership program when applying, you may still participate after being admitted by contacting your advisor who will help you map out a plan for transferring. When you are enrolled in the program, you will be able to receive guidance from advisors who will ensure that you complete required prerequisite courses and meet all of the admissions requirements of the university to which you intend to transfer.
The following Florida institutions are partners of the CF 2+2 University Transfership Program:
- University of Central Florida (UCF) in Orlando
- University of South Florida (USF) in Tampa
- Florida A&M University (FAMU) in Tallahassee
- The University of Florida (UF) Online
When you complete an Associate of Arts (A.A.) or Associate of Science (A.S.) degree program at CF, you are automatically guaranteed transfer admission to any of the above institutions for a bachelor’s degree program. Through the Finish@UF program, students who are transferring to the UF Online also have access to a UF Online academic advisor throughout the course of their studies at CF.
Does This Program Really Save Money?
Yes, it does. Let’s compare CF international student tuition rates to international student tuition rates at all of the universities mentioned before. Take a look at how much you could save in USD:
CF Associate Degree Estimated Expenses (Per year on-campus): $20,662.80
- UCF Undergraduate Estimated Expenses (Per year on-campus): $37,207
- CF savings: $16,544.20 per year
- USF Undergraduate Estimated Expenses (Per year on-campus): $34,780
- CF savings: $14,117.20 per year
- FAMU Undergraduate Estimated Expenses (Per year on-campus): $35,373
- CF savings: $14,710.20 per year
- UF Online Undergraduate Estimated Expenses (Per year on-campus): $30,640
- CF savings: $9,977.20 per year
Interested in learning more about studying at CF as an international student? Visit the CF profile to read and request more information!