Traveling in or from the UK

Posted on August 11th, 2006 by admin

As you probably all know, the recent travel alert in the UK has gripped UK airports and causing delays and disruption to those leaving or traveling within the UK. After many flights were cancelled yesterday it appears most airports are getting back to normal, but a bit of advice for any students traveling from the UK in the coming weeks be prepared for some changes and these tips will help you:

1. Leave early for the airport – make sure you have plenty of time to check-in, pass security and get to your gate, I would recommend 3 hours in advance!
2. Don’t bring any hand luggage – this will only cause delays when you get there trying to put it into bags for the hold.
3. Only take things you need – you will not be allowed anything on the plane with you apart from things like passport, wallet/ purse, any medication and some personal items – you cannot take food, drink or sweets/ candy either!
4. Wear sensible clothes – you will go through extensive security checks so wear shoes you can take off easily and try not to wear anything that has a lot of metal in it – this will only delay you!

It looks like the “no hand luggage” ban will be in effect for the time being so anything you can do to speed things up will get you to your destination quicker!

Safe Travels!

No Responses to “Traveling in or from the UK”