New York School’s Vision Inspires People from All Walks of Life

Posted on August 18th, 2012 by Apinant Hoontrakul

Last week our featured partner, SUNY – Brockport, received national attention when the news channel CNN did a story about their Camp Abilities program, a summer sports camp for children and teenagers with visual impairments.

Camp Abilities is a weeklong sports camp whose aim is to help children and teenagers believe in themselves by giving them the support to achieve their goals and overcome their disability. This camp includes people who are blind, deaf or have other visual impairments. Many camp counselors in the program have a background in physical or special education from the US – and around the world. The CNN story also interviewed a guest counselor, Marla Runyan, who is a former Olympic athlete and legally blind herself – she said that to her, Camp Abilities is “all about empowering kids and teaching them what they can do and giving them opportunities…”

Click here to see a video of the CNN story on Camp Abilities.

The State University of New York Brockport (SUNY – Brockport) is a world class higher education institute offering a variety of programs to students of all backgrounds. Camp Abilities is just one of the many opportunities available to students and their community.

International students interested in studying in the US should consider the State University of New York – Brockport. Its qualifications are just one of the many reasons international students are choosing SUNY – Brockport. The Princeton Review ranked it as the “Best in the Northeast” and US News and World Report called it “Best Regional University”. The school offers 49 different undergraduate majors to choose from including Art, Business, Political Science or Physics.

Learn more about SUNY-Brockport on our website. You can read about current international students attending SUNY – Brockport, the degrees available, enrollment information, financial aid information and more! You can even submit a short form so that the university will send more information directly to you.

6 Responses to “New York School’s Vision Inspires People from All Walks of Life”

1. francis golé Says:

Salut, je suis un étudiant en télécommunication et je souhaiterais bien bénéficier de vos bourses d’études.
    Merci

2. birne Says:

I have been surfing on-line more than three hours as of late, but I never discovered any attention-grabbing article like yours.
    It is lovely worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all website owners and bloggers made good content material
    as you probably did, the net will be much more
    helpful than ever before.

3. http://desisphere.com/Index.php?do=/profile-3344/Info Says:

Hi! I know this is kinda off topic but I’d figured I’d ask.
    Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest

authoring a blog article or vice-versa? My site discusses a

lot of the same topics as yours and I think we could greatly
    benefit from each other. If you are interested feel free to send me an e-mail.

I look forward to

hearing from you! Excellent blog by the way!

4. familytreechart.org Says:

Might you have further topics like this 1 named, New York
    School’s Vision Inspires People from All Walks of Life « The International
    Student Blog? I really want to read through even
    more concerning it. Thanks for your time.

5. ask Says:

Great blog you have here.. It’s hard to find high quality writing like yours these days.
    I truly appreciate people like you! Take care!!

6. air travel Says:

I know this website gives quality depending posts and extra information, is there any other web page which gives
    these information in quality?