How to save money on books

Posted on September 3rd, 2008 by Jennifer Frankel

cheap college student textbooks
Continuing on from our series of posts that are addressing concerns and issues from our Facebook international students, this post is concentrating on how to save money buying college textbooks.

College textbooks are an everyday item that you will need for any course that you take, and depending on your course the costs can certainly mount up. Luckily, thanks to our friends over at Edvisors, they have created this fantastic new eBook which provides an overview for students on how to search and find cheap college textbooks.

The eBook is free and will certainly provide you with some excellent tips and hints on where to find the very best deals and the cheapest prices.

>> Download the Cheap College Textbook eBook here!

If you have other ideas and suggestions on how to get free or cheap textbooks for college please post your comments and suggestions below.

The eBook is available in Abode PDF format, and you will need to download and install the appropriate PDF reader in order to view this document. You can obtain this from the Adobe website for free.

26 Responses to “How to save money on books”

1. Goldie Says:

Hi, good post, buying books can be real pain, especially here in the UK were my books cost around £40 each! Would like to highlight more financial issues which can affect students over at studentcashflow.co.uk.

2. jolina Says:

Hello!
    I think Goldie is right how a day books are escalating in price
    but we consider books are one of the tools for student “guide their
    studies”. Definitely included in the cost of learning..

3. Alex Says:

I found a startup of an interesting service yesterday called sharetoshare. gives me a chance to find the item I need for free (including books), all I need is to search it in catalog and find the closest one to me! There is shortage of users and shared items yet, because the project just opened, but I hope it wouldn’t a problem soon.

4. grants Says:

Hi, that was a good information on how to save money for book. Textbooks can be one of the greatest expenses for a college student. Buying college textbooks books from other students or online retailers may be able to save you several dollars.Today´s students have many options for buying books

5. Wes Says:

That is why I created http://www.StudentBookTrades.com. An easy way to find college textbooks that other students have already completed courses for. Students are automatically matched with each other to trade textbooks for classes they have completed. Trade, Swap, sell, or buy college textbooks from other students. Search the book database, contact the student at your home campus, city, state, or nationwide about the book and save money.

6. green Says:

I would suggest using GreenTextbooks.org
    Save Money, Save The Planet
    GreenTextbooks.org specializes in the recycling of textbooks, DVDs, CDs. Buying used textbooks not only saves you money, but cuts down on greenhouse gases caused by the manufacturing of new textbooks.
    With GreenTextbooks.org you’re not only saving trees, you are saving some green.

7. Jawahar Says:

Thanks for these cost saving measures.

8. Jack Robert Says:

That was a great blog. Most blogs are not even worth reading.

9. Samson G. Says:

Are you planning to blog more on this topic. I would like to learn more.

10. Yagnaroopaya Upendraya Says:

Knowledge is power and also a cost saving tool for the future. Read my sig for more info on getting faster more efficient and targetted search results with one simple step.

11. let up Says:

How to save money when buying books? I buy a TON of books (for pleasure, school, hobbies, etc.) and I do like to keep them to lend to others, re-read, etc. The costs of buying books so often really add up. Is there any way a book lover such as myself can cut down on the costs? Is there a store or website that offers steep discounts for frequent buyers?

12. T. Angelino Says:

Has anyone checked out http://www.studentbooksearch.com . You can buy and sell textbooks directly to other students at your college. It’s like a virtual bulletin board. Also, checkout half.com

13. Emmanuel Says:

Buying books posed a great problem for me because i bought a lot new books from the schoolstore. Now, I know how to save money. 1- You can buy books from your school mates-this is very nice.2- copy the ISPN( located at the back of the book) and paste it on a search engine. Results come out with the cheapest price you can think of. Even cheaper than some online stores. You have to search well to find the best price. Here you go. You are saving lots of dollars. You can sell your books when you are done with it. This will bring back, maybe 40% of the price back to you. So this is the best deal. GO ON AND SAVE!!!!!!!!

14. Hurmat Says:

Hi to everyone who knows me.
    If one has daily income then one can spare one’s money. Having a lot of books makes the best profit for student.
    regard
    Hurmat from Tajikistan

15. internet marketing product Says:

Hello, I found your blog in a new directory of blogs. I dont know how your blog came up, must have been a typo, Your blog looks good. Have a nice day.

16. Makena Says:

Do u have a rss thing? I would like to get updates

17. Jorge W. Says:

I loved reading this and I dont really like to read 🙂

18. Chegg.com Says:

Chegg.com, your #1 Rental Textbook Company – Save over 65% to 85% on textbooks. Every Textbook you rent, we plant a tree!! For the Spring 2010 upcoming semester, the discount code for UCLA is : CC100142. Just enter it at checkout. Enjoy!!!

19. Sagen Says:

Carefully selecting your words and strategically placing them on a page to create impulsive reactions from the reader can lead to a direct sell.

20. office phone system Says:

Generally I do not post on blogs, but I want to mention that this post really forced me to do so!

21. Låna pengar Says:

Nice to be visiting your blog again. Thanks for posting this informative post. See ya, Tyler Ward @ Låna pengar

22. Janice Says:

I love using Chegg to rent texts because I save $$ and they ship fast. Use code CC123047 for a discount every time you order or $5 back when selling Chegg your used texts. Put the code in and hit the “apply” button. This code DOES NOT EXPIRE so it can be used with every order. Feel free to share the code with friends: CC123047.

23. get a job at google Says:

This really is having much more subjective, nevertheless My partner and i considerably like the Microsoft zune Market. The particular program is colorful, possesses a lot more style, and a few cool attributes like ‘Mixview’ that permit you to speedily see related collections, audio, or some other people related to that which you are paying attention to. Clicking on a kind of is going to give attention to this product, in addition to one more list of “neighbors” arrive straight into check out, allowing you to navigate all over checking out by simply identical painters, tunes, and also buyers. Talking about customers, the particular Zune “Social” is also extreme fun, helping you to come across other people using shared preferences plus turning out to be buddies using them. In which case you can take note of a playlist designed dependant on a great merger connected with what exactly your good friends are usually paying attention to, because it’s pleasurable. Individuals focused on security will be treated to understand you possibly can prevent the community out of witnessing your personal tuning in patterns in the event you thus pick.

24. Schedule Says:

You you could change the page subject How to save money on books The International Student Blog to something more specific for your webpage you write. I liked the blog post yet.

25. Myrtie Binette Says:

I couldn’t agree more with you; also, I want to thank you for posting much interesting information’s which are new for me. Thanks for expanding my knowledge! Best Regards

26. Hasan Khan Says:

I feel like the whole college school book system is a scam … every time I purchase a book and then the next semester a new edition comes out leaving my edition completely worthless.

Of course, last time I did get lucky and save money buying my books from the internet.