Make The Most from Your Summer Vacation

Posted on April 29th, 2016 by Sutherland Beever

sea adventures

After studying for exams late at night, working long hours writing papers, and doing more than your share of a group project, you deserve a summer break!

Students in the U.S. relish their summers as a time to relax and not fret about all of their school responsibilities. If you’re spending your summer in the U.S., you won’t be alone in wanting to make the most of these precious months. Below are some ideas to help you plan your summer in The United States.

Relax – Many students use the summer months to replenish their energy levels by doing things that are enjoyable and stress-relieving. Some students use this opportunity to go to the beach, stay at home reading or watching movies, going to concerts and music festivals, or hiking trails and sightseeing around town. There’s nothing wrong with having some lazy summer days, so grab a cold drink and a comfy chair.

Explore – Students don’t have a lot of free time during their academic semesters, so they use the summer months to explore their city and country. You won’t always have summer breaks, so now is the perfect time to do some traveling. Go on a road trip with friends, visit places you haven’t been to yet in your school’s city, or visit another city and explore a different town. The most popular places students like to travel to are beaches (like the ones in Florida and California), landmarks (like the Grand Canyon and the Washington Monument), and big cities (like New York City and Chicago). Exploring the world can help you explore who you are in the midst of it.

Volunteer – A great way to feel connected to your school’s city is to serve the community in the form of volunteering. Students often use their new flexible schedules to give back during the summer. There are most likely places around your school that would love your time and help. Websites like VolunteerMatch.org can direct you to a volunteer spot that works for your interests and skills.

Intern – If you have an idea of what field you would like to go into when you graduate, interning is a great opportunity to develop your skills and have something for your resume. Students often use their summers to intern because it gives them more time to focus on their internship and give their best work ethic to the company or organization they are working for. Most schools will provide credits for internships, so make sure you register with your school. You can also talk to your career services office about where to find internships in your field. Internships can provide great connections, so make sure you’re giving your internship your best efforts and keeping in touch with them once the summer is over.

Learn – If you would prefer to stay busy and continue your education over the summer, that’s a possibility too.  Taking a summer class can help speed up the process if you’re behind or want to graduate earlier. It can also help you focus more on any subject in particular that may interest you. There are many options for summer classes. Some offer more than the average amount of credits, some are online, and some are abroad. If you fear you didn’t have time to take that modern dance class, the summer months may be the perfect time to do it.

Congratulations on making it through the academic year! Treat yourself to these next few months of freedom because they are well deserved. Eat healthy, sleep more, get exercise, and spend this time doing something that makes you happy. After all, the fall semester is right around the corner.

Written by Sutherland Beever

Sutherland joined the team in early 2014 after receiving her Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations from the University of North Florida. She has had the opportunity to travel extensively throughout Europe, which instilled an unwavering passion of international travel. This, combined with her strong interest in Marketing, led her to join the Envisage team.

One Response to “Make The Most from Your Summer Vacation”

1. Aqeelabed Says:

Free study tell me