Boost Your Career Prospects at Manchester Metropolitan University

Posted on May 14th, 2021 by Connor Blay

With the international jobs market more competitive than ever, it’s important for students to begin planning for their future career prior to entering the workforce. At Manchester Metropolitan University, your employability is a priority. You will have several opportunities to network and gain experience throughout your time at Manchester Met. Keep reading to find out how the university works with students like you to ensure that you will have the ability to succeed in your desired career!

Employability Events

Advice workshops, industry networking, guest speakers and career fairs are all held regularly at Manchester Met, allowing you to learn how to market yourself and make valuable connections. The connections you make at these events can likely lead to finding work, as employers attend with the intention to fill roles at their companies with Manchester Met students. 

Lifelong Access to Digital Careers Service

As a graduate of Manchester Met you will have lifelong access to great digital career resources provided by the university to all alumni. This includes My Career Hub, a jobs board that is exclusive to Manchester Met students and graduates. All you have to do is log in using your student email and password then you can browse through available jobs on a local or national level.

Global Partnerships

Manchester Met works with top global companies like:

• IBM
  • Bentley Motors
  • Bosch
  • Boohoo.com
  • Microsoft
  • Nike
  • Adidas
  • Puma
  • SAP
  • Texas Instruments
  • Volkswagen
  • Walt Disney

Internship and Work Experience Opportunities

Gaining work experience prior to graduation is the key to showing employers what you are capable of. It’s important for students to already have established some work experience prior to graduation because it makes a real difference in the hiring process. Through industry links with global companies, Manchester Met provides several opportunities for its students to have internships and other work experiences.

Jobs4Students Scheme

Manchester Met offers students paid, temporary job opportunities through this program. These jobs cover a wide range of fields including creative positions, assisting on cutting-edge research projects, sport roles, event ambassadors, IT support, school outreach and many more.

Careers and Employability Centre

The staff at the Careers and Employability Centre are dedicated and experienced with helping students succeed in their desired career path.

Learn More

There are so many reasons why international students choose Manchester Met and the fact that students find work here is just one. If you’d like to learn more about studying here, be sure to visit the Manchester Metropolitan University profile. Here, you can read more facts about the institution and submit a form to request more information about Manchester Met and studying in the UK.

Other Interesting Posts:

Written by Connor Blay

Connor joined InternationalStudent.com in November 2019. He received his Bachelor’s of Science degree with a major in Information Communication & Technology at Florida State University in Spring 2019. Having recently completed his undergraduate higher education, Connor has a fresh perspective on how the process works and is passionate about helping international students through it. His background includes customer service, social media, and video production.

2 Responses to “Boost Your Career Prospects at Manchester Metropolitan University”

1. paulo estermo Says:

plesa help me stude in uk visa job

2. Connor Blay Says:

Hi Paulo! Thanks for reading our blog. You can find more information about getting a UK student visa here.