InternationalStudent.com InternationalStudent.com

Done USA School Search

Pathway Programs for International Students to Consider

Posted on February 15th, 2019 by Phu Nguyen

If you’ve made the decision that a pathway program is the right path for you then the next step is to decide which program you want to apply for. While all pathway programs offer a chance for international students to ease into studying in the US, each school has their own unique way of doing so. We’ve put together a list of schools with well known pathway programs for you to consider: 

Colorado State University INTO Pathway

Pathway students are guaranteed progression to an undergraduate or graduate degree program through a curriculum consisting of credit-earning courses. CSU INTO Pathway provides full integration with domestic and international students on campus from highly trained university instructors and tutors while giving you academic support throughout the program.

Washington State University INTO Pathway

With more than 2000 international students, 7% of the student body is comprised of students from around the world. No matter where you come from, you will be welcomed into the WSU community. Once students progress from their Pathway or English Language program, they can choose to study at one of five campuses in the WSU INTO Pathway system.

Suffolk University INTO Pathway

At Suffolk University INTO Pathway, you’ll learn from the best instructors and industry experts in their fields. The small class sizes allow faculty to give students individual attention that isn’t always found at larger schools. Of the full-time faculty, 91% have PhDs or terminal degrees and are consistently conducting high-level research, publishing books or advising multinational companies. Suffolk professors use a teacher-scholar model which focuses on creating curriculum that is based around research and experiential learning.

George Mason University INTO Pathway  –

George Mason University INTO Pathway (GMU) instructors have years of teaching experience, and many of them have been international students themselves, which means they know how to make your study abroad experience meaningful. As a student in the pathway program at GMU INTO Pathway, you’ll gain confidence in your writing, research, and presentation skills. You’ll also learn different academic strategies for managing your time, taking effective notes, and developing critical thinking skills you can apply to your career. At GMU INTO Pathway you’ll live among a supportive, multicultural community ready to welcome you.

Marshall University INTO Pathway

The Marshall University INTO Pathway program is designed to help international students integrate easily into American university life. Marshall is known for its small class sizes, which means that you will be able to receive individual attention from your instructors. Marshall offers two types of pathway programs: English language programs and academic pathways. English language programs are designed to help improve academic and professional English skills. You can choose between semester-length programs if you are planning on advancing to a degree program or a shorter program if you simply want to learn the language.

University of South Florida INTO Pathway

At the University of South Florida INTO Pathway, students are guaranteed progression to an undergraduate degree program through curriculum consisting of credit-earning courses.They provide full integration with domestic and international students on campus from highly trained university instructors and tutors while giving you academic support throughout the program.

University of Alabama at Birmingham INTO Pathway

The INTO partnership pathway program at the University of Alabama at Birmingham is committed to helping international student integrate easily into American university life. The university provides a range of programs that promote social, personal, and academic well-being, such as the Multicultural and Diversity Programs, the International Student and Scholar Services, the Student Advocacy group, the Student Health and Wellness Center, and the Student Counseling Center. The Office of Student Advocacy, Rights and Conduct can also help guide you through the university system, directing you towards campus and community resources and helping you understand the various policies and procedures within the university.

Saint Louis University INTO Pathway

At Saint Louis University INTO Pathway, new students are grouped into Learning Communities, which provide creative academic support. Program highlights include:

• Intensive English to prepare for university study
  • Academic advising and coaching throughout the program
  • Service learning opportunities
  • Small classes of 15 students
  • Highly-trained and experienced instructors

Drew University INTO Pathway

Drew University INTO Pathway is set in picturesque Madison, New Jersey, which is just a 47-minute train ride from the heart of Manhattan. Drew places an emphasis on undergraduate research, out-of-classroom learning experiences, and one-on-one personal attention with average class sizes of just 17 students.

Oregon State University INTO Pathway

Oregon State University INTO Pathway (OSU) offers guaranteed progression to an OSU undergraduate program upon successful completion of their pathway program. Highlights for pathway students also include:

• Dedicated Undergraduate Pathway tutoring in any subject.
  • Academic advising throughout the program that includes progression and student success advisors.
  • Exceptional on-campus housing experience; all students with Undergraduate Pathway in their study plan are required to live on campus during their first three terms at OSU.

Any of these pathways can help to ensure your future academic success. Your decision may be based on class size, location, or simply personal preference. But you’ll want to do your research before choosing. Read more about Pathway Programs and how to find the best one for you.

Written by Phu Nguyen

Phu is an alumnus to the University of South Florida in Tampa, and Florida International University in Miami. A freelance writer for over a decade, her portfolio includes working with Nokia, the Georgia Aquarium, and articles in major online publications such as The Huffington Post. Phu joined Envisage as the Content Manager in October of 2018.

One Response to “Pathway Programs for International Students to Consider”

1. David Says:

I’m David
    At USA green card holder
    Srilanka Citizens
    Looking for a job but no one given chance.if I do credit evaluations, is it possible to get job?? I have Bachelor And Masters degrees in Applied Finance. Reply please