The 2014 Travel Video Contest is Now Open!

Posted on September 4th, 2014 by Bryanna Davis

It’s finally September which means our Travel Video Contest is back for its ninth year! Yes, you read that right- the 2014 Travel Video Contest is now open! If you’re familiar with our most popular contest of the year you already know that one lucky winner will receive $4000 on the last day of International Education Week- November 21st.

If you’re not familiar with our Travel Video Contest you are missing out! Take a moment to get all the details on our 2014 Travel Video Contest then get filming!

A good place to start is by reading the contest rules and regulations. Next, grab your camera (or phone with a camera) and let the filming begin. Create a film that’s five minutes in length or shorter telling us why and where you want/chose to study abroad. After you’ve created your masterpiece, complete the entry form and submit both items before the deadline. The form and video must be received by 11:59pm EST on October 22nd! As with any deadline- late entries will not be accepted. You can see more information on how to submit the form and video here.

Our judges will be looking for a video that not only gets your story across, but that tells it in a way that peaks their interest. Whether funny, sad, scary, exciting, clever, ironic or just plain different- be original and creative. If you would like to see what videos the judges have picked in the past, you can view past winners here. Keep in mind that originality is a key factor!

The Grand prize winner will receive $4,000 and their very own blog on InternationalStudent.com for the year! Along with a grand prize winner, there will also be a Viewer’s Choice winner and a few runner up winners!

Whether you’ve never created a film or you have a few under your belt, here are a few tips and tricks for the 2014 Travel Video Contest that you will want to check out before you start.

“To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong.” — Joseph Chilton Pierce

Good luck!

Written by Bryanna Davis

Bryanna joined EIC in 2011 after returning to the United States from teaching English in China. Her interest in international education, sparked initially by her own study abroad experience in Wales, led her to the company. Bryanna is originally from Missouri and is a graduate from the University of Central Missouri.

No Responses to “The 2014 Travel Video Contest is Now Open!”