How to Get International Scholarships

Posted on January 10th, 2014 by Bryanna Davis

diploma money99256295One of the biggest hurdles to becoming an international student is getting the financial support you need to get abroad! The good news is there are many scholarships out there just waiting for a determined international student like you to receive the award. Follow these steps on how to get international scholarships and make your journey abroad happen!

Find a Scholarship
Scholarships are free money which means they don’t come easy- you must be determined. If you have someone willing to grant you a scholarship after a simple email request- it’s probably too good to be true. So your first step is to sit down and spend some time finding a few good scholarships to apply for. By good scholarships we don’t necessarily mean one that will fund your entire education. A good scholarship is one that you are eligible for! Sift through the eligibility requirements of any scholarships you come across and cross ones off the list for which you aren’t eligible.

Gather Necessary Documents
When searching for an award, keep in mind that most scholarships require the following:

• An Essay
  • A Transcript
  • Letters of Recommendation

Be Punctual
Before putting effort into writing the perfect essay, make sure you have enough time before the deadline to gather what you need and get everything submitted. Most scholarships will automatically eliminate any late entries- no matter how good the essay is or how much you need the money.

Don’t Put Your Eggs in One Basket
While there are a number of scholarships available to international students, there are few that will cover the entire cost of tuition. This doesn’t mean that you need to sit tight and wait for a big one to come your way next year- apply to as many awards as possible. Find scholarships that are granting aid to students for special interests or skills that you have and apply. Getting awarded many small scholarships can add up quickly!

Get started in the first step of how to get international scholarships and start the search here!

35 Responses to “How to Get International Scholarships”

1. yassir abdelbage Says:

I am pretentious student and the money close the doors at my face but I well being fight till i well reach my dream ,education is my dream.
    i well be so happy if you help me.
    thanks

2. sunny Says:

i am belong from poor family and i am good in my study.I want some stage to prove my self in the world . i will happy if you help me . thanks

3. morh enanga Says:

i Will like to know more concerning the period of essay writting and order scholarship

4. Vitoria Says:

I would like to receive more information on where to search and apply for scholarships to attend Masters programs in Communications and/or International relations.

5. fadimatou Says:

I am looking to apply for a Master degree and financial load is standing on my way to realize this goal. I would need some assistance on scholarship so I can pursue my long term dream of becoming a teacher.

6. Ivan Says:

I got an admission the OSU Fisher School of Business for a Specialized Masters in Business Finance (Real Estate concentration) for fall 2014. I am looking for some financial assistance to facilitate me in covering the tuition costs for this program.

7. Maya Roy Sanyal Says:

I work for a NGO which supports poor students in education. Some of the students are really good and we are looking forward to send them at international universities for higher studies. Is it possible to apply for multiple scholarships if we apply as an organisation? We will share the complete details of the students as well.

8. Bryanna Davis Says:

Hi Maya,

Thanks for visiting. You would need to check the eligibly and rules for the scholarship that you are applying to since every scholarship has different regulations for applying.

Best of luck!

9. Brigit amondi Says:

I hope to know the duration for writting the essay and the topics entailed

10. Phu Nguyen Says:

Hello! Every scholarship has different requirements for applying. Once you have found the scholarship that you would like to apply for, it will tell you the length and topic of the essay needed. Best of luck!

11. tewodros alem wondie Says:

I am really intersted to be one of the candidate in the scholarship award.

12. tewodros alem wondie Says:

I am really intersted to be one of the candidate

13. Alfred Juxon-Smith Says:

I would like to study in an other country

14. Connor Blay Says:

Hi Alfred,

Use our free school search tool to help find the perfect school for you!

15. Fuseini Zaharatu Ladidy Says:

I would be greatful if my friend request is considered

16. ATTIQ UR RAHMAN KHAN Says:

I have many financially problem so I can’t continue my study properly plz help me

17. Connor Blay Says:

Hello! You can use our international financial aid resource to search for financial aid that could be available to you.

18. Angnasoore Paschal Says:

Please I really need this scholarship

19. Connor Blay Says:

Hi Angnasoore! To find scholarships please visit our Scholarship Search page.

20. Saidi Simon Ben Says:

I am south Sudanese by nationality currently living in juba south Sudan am looking assistant for education any person or organization who sponsoring people to achieve their goal to help me for the program of master in cooperate governance .in gulu uganda

21. Connor Blay Says:

Hi Saidi! Unfortunately, we don’t have any scholarships available at this time. But you can use our Scholarship Search tool to find scholarships that are available to you. Best wishes!

22. Neboh okwuchukwu favour Says:

I would like to be given scholarship , please help me, my family are not that rich and can not afford the bills , please help me

23. Connor Blay Says:

Hi Neboh! Thank you for reaching out. You can use our free Scholarship Search tool to find and compare scholarships that are available to you.

24. Anam Says:

I would like to receive more information about the best international scholarship programmes and also the best universities all over the world introducing Master in international relations

25. Connor Blay Says:

Hi Anam, thank you for reading! To find international scholarships that are available to you, use our free Scholarship Search tool. And, to find some of the best universities that accept international students, use our School Search tool.

26. Ramona Kennard Says:

I am trying desperately to get that scholarship to study. Please help me.

27. Connor Blay Says:

Hi Ramona! You can use our Scholarship Search tool to find international scholarships that are available to you.

28. Thuch Zechariah Garang Says:

I am looking for a fully funded scholarship to study bachelor’s degree in medicine and surgery

29. Connor Blay Says:

Hi Thuch! You can use our free Scholarship Search tool to find international scholarships that are available to you.

30. DAVID GITHUI Says:

Am in Kenya . am looking for full scholarship to study MA. geography.

31. Connor Blay Says:

Hi David! You can use our free Scholarship Search tool to find international scholarships that are available to you.

32. Kamaljit Says:

I M really in need of fully funded international scholarship

33. Connor Blay Says:

Hi Kamaljit! To find international scholarships, you can use our free college scholarship search tool.

34. Lydia Says:

I just got admitted into a Master’s degree program to study intercultural studies and I have no sponsorship to fund my program.

35. Connor Blay Says:

Hi Lydia! If you register for a free InternationalStudent.com account, you can view contact information for more than 1,600 international scholarships within our College Scholarship Search database. Find instructions on how to register and the search tool here.