Questions? Ask an International Student Advisor!

Posted on July 16th, 2013 by Bryanna Davis

320Questions101481872“What do I do next?” Are you an aspiring international student that has asked this question more than once? If so, you aren’t alone. For an aspiring international student, the number of questions on your mind will typically outweigh the number of answers that you receive and for a good reason- becoming an international student is hard! If you are an international student or are trying to become one, this lack of information will either slow down the path to becoming an international student or bring it to a quick halt.

Whether it’s one nagging question or a list of questions, you now have the chance to have them answered- just ask an international student advisor! To make sure your time abroad isn’t cut short before it even starts, we have created a tool that allows you to ask your questions to an advisor, right online. We have found a few great international student advisors from around the US who at the end of the month will gather the best questions and put an end to the wonder.

Here’s what you need to do to submit your questions:

1. Make a list of the questions you want to ask, then pick the top few
  2. Log into Facebook then visit the Ask an Advisor page on InternationalStudent.com
  3. View this month’s International Student Advisor page, and select “add a comment”
  4. At the end of the month check back periodically for the answer to your question to appear

If the end of the month rolls around and you don’t have an answer to your question, no problem. Each month there will be a new international student advisor featured meaning you have another shot at having your questions answered! Also, keep in mind that after you ask an international student advisor your question and are awaiting a reply, check out our Study in the USA guide, this might just help you find the answers you’ve been searching for.

5 Responses to “Questions? Ask an International Student Advisor!”

1. Christina Rollins Says:

My daughter is from the Bahamas and would like some information on receiving an International scholarship to attend your college.

2. Bryanna Lindblom Says:

Hi Christina,

Thank you for your comment.

While our student advisor is unable to help you with questions on scholarships, you are able to find hundreds within our scholarship database here.

Good luck!

3. Jorge Says:

Hello! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a group
    of volunteers and starting a new project in a community in the same niche.
    Your blog provided us valuable information to work on.
    You have done a wonderful job!

4. Teenua Says:

Hi, I am a nursing student who just recently graduated. My ultimate goal is to be an anesthetist. However, to be able to qualify for school of anesthesia, I require a minimum of 1yr of ICU nursing. As a new graduate, most employees only want to hire me on a med-surg unit due to my lack of experience and med-surg is not considered icu. My only option so far is to obtain 6months of med-surg experience and with this experience be able to qualify for an icu job. My OPT on the other hand expires in a year and isn’t long enough to help me obtain the 6months of medsurg and 1year of icu experience I require. I know as an international student in the USA my options are very limited and i probably should start considering another option for my master’s program but this is my whole life and dream. I hate to see it walk away because of my status as a limited international student. Can anyone please give me his or her input?

5. Bryanna Davis Says:

Hi Teenua,

In some cases, international students are able to ask for an extension on their OPT. I would suggest contacting your advisor right away about this and how you can get started.