Top 10 schools in the US that give the most financial aid to International Students

Posted on December 10th, 2012 by Apinant Hoontrakul

For many international students, cost is a major factor when deciding where to study in the US. While there are many financial aid options available from many different organizations to international students, it may not be enough to fully cover the cost of tuition and living expense. International students must rely on other sources of funding such as loans and family savings. However, some international students may not know that most schools offer financial aid directly to students as well.

The U.S. News conducted a survey of different colleges around the United States that offer financial aid to at least one international student. After looking at over 800 schools that provide financial aid, U.S. News has recently came out with a list of the top 10 schools in the US that give the most financial aid to international students. Here are the top 10:

1. Yale University
  2. Skidmore College
  3. Harvard University
  4. Amherst College
  5. Trinity College
  6. Williams College
  7. Dartmouth College
  8. University of Chicago
  9. Bates College
  10. Duke University

Each school in this top 10 list are private schools and are amongst the most prestigious Universities and Colleges in the nation. While on average they do offer the most financial aid to international students, the cost of attending one of these schools is also much higher than many other schools in the country.

Students who are primarily concerned with the price of education should look at other options such as state colleges and community colleges which have a lower tuition cost to start with and may also offer financial aid to international students. International Student.com offers a centralized resource  where students can search for colleges and universities around the United States and get more information on how to apply.

Financial Aid Package photo courtesy of Shutterstock.

11 Responses to “Top 10 schools in the US that give the most financial aid to International Students”

1. namale bridget Says:

am a ugandan student about to join university i hv a dream of studying in USA but i hv inadquate funds so hw can i be helped

2. Ronald Linslay Says:

Am also a Ugandan student who has just finished O level and i wish you could help me achieve my dreams.

3. Benjamin Kipkoech Sang Says:

Respectfully seeking for international scholarship/Financial Aid
    from top 10 Universities in USA to persue Undergraduate degree(bachelors degree) in Engineering/Nursing.
    Currently am in country-Kenya with high school diploma.
    Your kind consideration is highly appreciated,
    Regards,
    Benjamin Sang

4. Oladeji Ponnle Says:

I am studing Physics Electronics at a federal university in Nigeria. I will be through in few weeks. I want to study Aircraft Maintenance in a good school in the US. I need a cheap school for international students. I need scholarship/financial aids for this program of study. Please help me.

5. isatou nying Says:

i am a 19year old gambian i have a dream which is to study nursing/computer science in united state so i am politely seeking internationalscholarship please help me achieve my goal.am at home with my high school diploma

6. Oseodion Elizabeth Says:

I graduated from River State University Of Science And Technology last year in Nigeria and i read mathematics education. I have a dream to read master in measurement and Evaluation or statistics in US. How can you assist me since i am not undergraduate student? I need international scholarship/ financial aids for this study. Please help me to achieve my goal. I will be graceful if i am given this opportunity.

7. Gaurav Panwar Says:

I am a undergraduate student in my final(4th) year of engineering in Electronics and Communication from Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Technology, Hyderabad in India. I am going to complete my graduation this fall and would like to apply for universities in USA for a graduate school. I would like to receive financial aid/scholarship in this regard and will be deeply indebted and grateful for the same.
    Thanking you,
    Gaurav Panwar

8. Aniekan Kelly Says:

I hv a diploma in mechanical engineering and I am less privilege my wish is to complete my study abroad but I dnt hv funds I need financial help. Some one pls help. Thank u.

9. posch Says:

I need to study mushroom production, how could i get assistant?

10. ramesh bashyal Says:

i want to study computer architecture but i am commerce student,.and want to study in usa .can i study this..plz send me answer my mail
    Iamwaitingforyourakshya@gmail.com

11. Phileas Fogg Says:

You have to be very exceptional to get money from any of these schools. I used to be an international students and I remember that one of the guys that got a full scholarship at Yale that year had built an irrigation system in his village in Africa. I mean, you’d better be very impressive to get a full scholarship. Maybe the easiest way is to get a sports scholarship. These great schools usually have bad athletes, if you’re good at a sport, you could get in. I know a lot of people who pulled it off.