Influential People who Studied Political Science in the US

Posted on October 2nd, 2012 by Jenny Frankel

Political Science is one of the most popular majors on undergraduate college campuses today. And with good reason! Those who study Political Science in the US can engage in a broad variety of careers, from law to journalism to education to…President of the United States?

That’s right! Barack Obama, the 44th President of the United States, majored in Political Science at Columbia University. He later went on to study at Harvard Law, and served on the Illinois State Senate before gaining national attention as a United States Senator. President Obama is just one of the many famous faces who studied Political Science in the US. Check out the list below; hopefully, their eclectic stories will provide inspiration for more international students to study Political Science!

Alec Baldwin – The famed, and sometimes embroiled actor, majored in Political Science at George Washington University in Washington D.C. After completing his Undergrad, Baldwin attended New York University‘s prestigious TISCH School of the Arts. However, Baldwin hasn’t completely put aside his political ambitions, and often discusses the possibility he’ll run for office.

Anne Rice – Long before Edward Cullen and the Twilight Series, there was Anne Rice. Author Rice is world-renown for her series, The Vampire Chronicles, among other novels. Rice received her undergraduate degree in Political Science from San Francisco State University before getting her Master’s Degree in Creative Writing.

Jane Pauley – Jane Pauley co-hosted NBC’s The Today Show and co-anchored the evening news program Dateline for over a decade. Pauley studied Political Science in her undergraduate year at Indiana University.

Condoleezza Rice – The first female, African American Secretary of State, Condoleezza Rice not only studied Political Science as an undergrad at the University of Denver, she obtained her Master’s Degree in Poli Sci from University of Notre Dame AND was a professor of Political Science at Stanford!

Other Interesting Posts:

Written by Jenny Frankel

Jennifer is the Director of Financial Services at Envisage International. Jennifer is a graduate of the University of Florida where she holds a Masters in International Business and a Bachelors of Science in Business Administration. She has lived and worked abroad in Chile, Costa Rica and London, and traveled extensively in South America, Europe and Asia.

One Response to “Influential People who Studied Political Science in the US”

1. boston attorney Says:

Gοoԁ blоg ροst. І certainly appreсіate this ωеbsite.

Kеep ωritіng!