Student Video Contest 2012 – Tips for Success

Posted on September 29th, 2012 by Apinant Hoontrakul

We launched the seventh annual InternationalStudent.com Travel Video Contest earlier this month and already there is a lot of buzz.  This year’s  first place winner will receive $4,000, and there are great runner-up prizes as well.

So how can you enter our Travel Video Contest in 2012? Here’s how:

– Be at least 18 years old, studying or planning to study outside of your home country.
– Create a short video about why you want to study/travel abroad (no more than 5 minutes).
– If you are already studying outside of your home country, your video can be about any trip at all that you would like to take.  If not, then the video must be about your proposed study abroad.
– Send us your video and a completed entry form so that we receive them by the deadline on October 31st, 2012

It’s that simple! After the deadline, we will choose the finalists and post them live on the site. Then our panel of four judges will choose the winning video from the finalists. The winner will be announced during International Education Week, November 12-16.

Visit our Travel Video Contest page for more full information about the contest including the rules and regulations, download the entry form and access detailed instructions on how to enter.

So now you know how to enter.  But we thought we’d reward you for reading this far with some tips to do well in the competition.

Remember:

Be original! We don’t want you to copy something someone else has already done.
Be creative! A slide show of your travel pictures and music in the background is a nice memento of your trip, but not creative enough to win this contest.
Don’t make a video resume. Sitting in front of the camera and talking for 5 minutes about your life history will not endear you to the judges.
End when it’s done.  Quality is much more important than quantity.  An excellent 3 minute video is much better than a boring 5 minute video.
It’s a video, not a scholarship entry.  It’s meant to be entertaining and compelling in some way.

Other than that, it is up to you! You can make your video with any theme you’d like. You can talk, you can sing or even make a silent movie. You can act as a character, be yourself, or make a cartoon version of yourself. The sky is the limit! Good luck and we hope to see your video soon!

Picture from ShutterStock.com

One Response to “Student Video Contest 2012 – Tips for Success”

1. Full Movie Watch Online Says:

Full Movie Watch Online…

[…]Student Video Contest 2012 – Tips for Success « The International Student Blog[…]…