Study in New Jersey

Posted on June 12th, 2012 by Bryanna Davis

Throughout its history, one of the greatest resources the state of New Jersey has to offer (besides its prime location) is the renowned level of cultural diversity and exchange that takes place within its borders. People from all over the world have made the decision to come to the United States, New Jersey in particular. There are a great number of reasons for such trends in emigration, but there are a few that stand out specifically in New Jersey: the state’s level of celebrated cultural diversity and number of diverse immigrant communities. Just under 20 percent of the state’s population is foreign-born and the state boasts the second highest Jewish population, the second largest Muslim population, the third largest Asian population, the third largest Cuban population, the third largest Italian population, the third largest Indian population, the third largest Korean population, the fourth largest Chinese population, and the fourth largest Filipino population. Moreover, the state has enclaves where speakers of over 13 non-English languages comfortably communicate in the language of home.

Those who have decided to become an international student in New Jersey will be positioning themselves to take advantage of the diversity it has to offer. However, it is not just the students who are making a decision to take advantage of the high level of cultural diversity within the state; the state’s institutes of higher education have recently launched an explicit plan of action to expand the number of international students in New Jersey. The plan, “Study New Jersey”, is in effort to draw in and facilitate the scholarship of international students seeking degrees in the United States.

For students interested in finding out more about the opportunity to study in New Jersey, there is a plethora of information on the effort and the participating programs. Born of the aforementioned diversity that colors the state, the program presents an opportunity for both the institutions and the international students in New Jersey to benefit. The former seeks to benefit from drawing both increased revenue and the bright young minds of tomorrow, while the latter have their studies and transition to the United States facilitated. Through a partnership with the US Department of Commerce, the 27 schools taking part in the program will have brochures and informational pamphlets translated and distributed throughout the world. Also, the program’s website has been set-up to help international students easily navigate their potential options when considering whether or not to study in New Jersey.

2 Responses to “Study in New Jersey”

1. opeyemi Says:

just want to know where i can get a full scholarship in any engineering field. The scholarship should be for international student having an undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering and second class upper.

2. Tuuza Reagan Says:

jus want to know if ican get afuul scholarship in INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY,im an international student highschool graduate, im from Uganda ineed help.