Study in Missouri

Posted on January 24th, 2012 by Jenny Frankel

There are thousands upon thousands of students who choose to study in Missouri! Some say it is because of the highly ranked and prestigious universities within the state, all of the great job opportunities available there, or perhaps the fanatical sports fans of all the collegiate and professional teams. All of these reasons seem to be legitimate, but I for one wonder why no one ever talks about the amazing cities where these universities are located.

The University of Missouri (main campus) for example, is located in the city of Columbia, Missouri. Columbia was named one of America’s best places to live because of the excellent quality of life by Money Magazine, Men’s Journal, and MSN.com. Individuals who study in Missouri make it a point to check out Columbia’s famous Déjà Vu Comedy Club which features some big name comedians and also doubles as a night club. The Blue Note is also one of the premier music venues in Columbia that offers affordable tickets and a variety of different music artist performances.

St. Louis, home to Washington University, has the Missouri Botanical Garden, Edison Theater, Saint Louis Zoo, and several eclectic and historic neighborhoods all over the city. The Edison Theater features some of the best national and international artists in music, dance and theater.

Kansas City offers many attractions as well, including the Boulevard Brewing Company, The Money Museum, the Country Club Plaza, the Kansas City Zoo, and the KC Fountains. Kansas City is actually nicknamed the City of Fountains because it has more fountains than any other city in the world except for Rome, Italy. The Country Club Plaza features over 150 shops, dozens of restaurants, and fun concerts, festivals, and other activities year round.

Clearly there is so much to do for students who study in Missouri and we’ve only discussed three of the state’s cities! So yes, we can say that the awesome schools and jobs draw a great number of students to the state, but there is no denying that having your campus located in a city with so many fun attractions didn’t influence some choices too!

Written by Jenny Frankel

Jennifer is the Director of Financial Services at Envisage International. Jennifer is a graduate of the University of Florida where she holds a Masters in International Business and a Bachelors of Science in Business Administration. She has lived and worked abroad in Chile, Costa Rica and London, and traveled extensively in South America, Europe and Asia.

7 Responses to “Study in Missouri”

1. David Says:

thanks for the information. it helps me so much.

2. naila Says:

hello.
    I WANT TO STUDY IN SWEDEN BUT I DO NOT HAVE FINANCE TO SPONSOR MY SELF. PLS CAN U HELP ME, I WOULD LIKE TO BENEFIT FROM THE SWEDISH FREE UNIVERSITY EDUCATION.

3. naila Says:

hello.
    I WANT TO STUDY IN SWEDEN BUT I DO NOT HAVE FINANCE TO SPONSOR MY SELF. PLS CAN U HELP ME, I WOULD LIKE TO BENEFIT FROM THE SWEDISH FREE UNIVERSITY EDUCATION AND TELL ME THAT WHEN NEW ADMISSION WILL BE OPEN?

4. Tomas Says:

Naila, what are talking about? Here is about USA not SWEDEN.

5. interpretation des reves, signification des reves Says:

interpretation des reves, signification des reves…

[…]Study in Missouri « The International Student Blog[…]…

6. Alessandra Stifflemire Says:

Hey not to go off topic but can anyone give me a review of. Philadelphia Car Insurance Reform 1044 Market St. Philadelphia, PA 19107 (215) 618-2175 They can be down the block from me. I was wondering if they were a good insurance company. I need to get coverage, it is the law you know, but I have to have a good price price plus I’d prefer friendly service.

7. kocaali rehber Says:

kocaali rehber…