How to Find Colleges in the USA

Posted on October 27th, 2011 by Apinant Hoontrakul

According to the U.S. Department of Education 2011 report, there are over 6,000 colleges in the United States. With so many options, it may be difficult to find the right college or university especially if you are an international student and are not familiar with the United States.

If you are interested in studying in the U.S., the first step is to know what subject you want to study whether it is engineering, business, or science. The second step is to find out what state you might want to live in. The USA is a big country and to help you learn more, International Student provides detailed state guides for all 50 states so you can decide which state best fits your needs.

Once you have an idea of the state and subject, you can use our USA school search to look-up colleges and universities that accept international students. Once you have looked up a school, you will be able to access detailed information such as admission requirements, average test scores, number of international students, costs and more! You can also request more information from the university!

If you need further help, you can also check out the International Student Concierge. This service helps match international students to the school that’s right for them. The Concierge Service is free and once you have provided us with your basic information, colleges in the US will begin contacting you!

One Response to “How to Find Colleges in the USA”

1. Aleks Says:

I’m not familiar with the United States and I’m interested in studying in the USA. Thanks for the first steps which I should do in this way.