International Students Studying in Massachusetts: Free Things to Do

Posted on May 3rd, 2011 by Jenny Frankel

For international students studying in Massachusetts who are doing so on a tight financial budget, it is helpful to learn about many of the fun and interesting things to do and places to visit that won’t cost you money, especially because general cost of living in Boston can get fairly pricey! Luckily for international students, there are plenty of online resources with plenty of information on free things to do in Boston (and in the Massachusetts’ area in general).

International students studying in Massachusetts also may not have a car or means to visit and travel outside the state as much as they may like, at least in the beginning of their study abroad experience, so learning about the many free things to do in Boston should prove well worth the investment of time and energy.

A few very enjoyable and widely recommended things to do while living and studying in Massachusetts include: hiking the Boston Freedom, Irish Heritage, and Black Heritage trails, visiting the Bunker Hill Monument, taking advantage of the many free guided-tours in the city (such as those regularly offered at the Boston Public Library, Massachusetts State House, Massachusetts Historical Society, and the MIT Campus), visiting the New England Aquarium (free admission tickets offered though Boston Public Library), star-gazing at Boston University’s Coit Observatory, or getting lost inside one of Massachusetts’ many famous museums (such as the Harvard Museum of Natural History, the Institute of Contemporary Art, the Peabody Essex Museum, and the Common Wealth Museum at Columbia Point).

International students studying in Massachusetts can check out many more fun places to visit and free things to do in Boston as well as learn easy steps on how to secure free admission passes to many of the activities and events mentioned.

Written by Jenny Frankel

Jennifer is the Director of Financial Services at Envisage International. Jennifer is a graduate of the University of Florida where she holds a Masters in International Business and a Bachelors of Science in Business Administration. She has lived and worked abroad in Chile, Costa Rica and London, and traveled extensively in South America, Europe and Asia.

10 Responses to “International Students Studying in Massachusetts: Free Things to Do”

1. chima kingsley onyenduzi Says:

what wil it take me to study public administration

2. Ronex Bondo Says:

am Ronex Bondo from MALAWI am looking for scholarship. how can i go about it? if any at you institution.

3. InternationalStudentGuru Says:

Hi guys – thanks for the comments – check out our school search where you can contact schools and find out all their financial aid information:

http://www.internationalstudent.com/study_usa/state_guides/massachusetts.shtml

4. Simon Says:

I am an international prospecting student from Kampala-Uganda. I was admitted to MASID at Heller School for social policy and management at Brandeis University. I was given a partial tuition scholarship of 17,500USD. However the course requires me for additional amounts of upto 90,000USD. I now seek for assistance so that I can pursue my dream career.

5. bad credit car loans auto financing kansas city Says:

bad credit car loans auto financing kansas city…

[…]International Students Studying in Massachusetts: Free Things to Do « The International Student Blog[…]…

6. Adam Says:

I am from Malaysia and my dream is to go to the US. I just LOVE the country as it is alive, civilized and just beautiful. Cant wait to try those burgers.
    Right now I am preparing for the applications. Could you, pretty please, help me with my application? I aint a brilliant student with exceptional grades, but I am all rounded person. I enjoy sports and traveling =)
    Hope for a reply.
    Thanks

7. Blue Down Comforter Sets Says:

We live in a beautiful world, and this collection of cool pictures and articles.

8. Next Health News Says:

Great post, thanks you pointed that out. Everyone needs to know this so bookmark.

9. Male Escort In Delhi Says:

nice website 🙂

10. Leasing scam alert Says:

I’m waiting more good quality post from this, so bookmark!