International Students Studying at Yale University

Posted on April 13th, 2011 by Jenny Frankel

International students interested in studying in Connecticut at Yale University have plenty to get excited about, especially when it comes to being greeted with open arms by the faculty and staff of this world-renowned academic center for higher learning. In fact, nothing speaks more highly to the fact that Yale has earned an unparalleled reputation in higher education than its relentless commitment to expanding the diversity of its campus by reaching out and recruiting some of the most prized prospective international students in the world!

What is more, studying in Connecticut at Yale University offers international students a once in a lifetime opportunity to experience American diversity and culture first-hand while interacting with some of the world’s most brilliant academic minds! Some of Yale’s most notable outreach strategies for recruiting international students interested in studying at Yale include the World Fellows Program and the Global Health Leadership Initiative. To learn more about these innovative programs, and other exciting new initiatives and strategies this university will be launching for recruiting international students interested in studying in Connecticut at Yale, check out Yale’s 2009-2012 stated agenda for an ‘International Framework‘ which can be accessed through a link on the schools’ website at . What these International Framework goals make very clear is that international students studying in Connecticut at Yale University will certainly be welcomed and integrated with a respect and appreciation befitting the most accomplished of future scholars and world leaders!

Written by Jenny Frankel

Jennifer is the Director of Financial Services at Envisage International. Jennifer is a graduate of the University of Florida where she holds a Masters in International Business and a Bachelors of Science in Business Administration. She has lived and worked abroad in Chile, Costa Rica and London, and traveled extensively in South America, Europe and Asia.

29 Responses to “International Students Studying at Yale University”

1. Donna Worrall Says:

Do you have any statistics on how many international students then return to their home country vs how many stay in US? The ones that move on again fall into the ” expat” category and we would love to hear their experiences.

2. Daniel Says:

Dear Sir/Madamme:
    I am a 26 years young Ethiopian.I am currently a Bachelor degree holder in Education, Majoring Teaching English, and right after a year of my graduation I joined SOS Children Villages in Ethiopia ti teach High school students ESL of IGCSE and am recently awarded with a stage one online professional development training certificate and an accreditation for the conduction of Coursework and Oral assessment from Cambridge University International Examinations. I am now writing this if there can be a way I can be helped to go to my further study in Abroad universities, Particularly to Yale for it appeals to me as one among the high ranking Universities throughout the world.

3. mahmoud dyab Says:

Dear sir,
    Iam interested to have a degree in teaching english as a second language but for FREE ..please do reply me to my email ..Im looking forward you don t ignore me

4. amir rahman Says:

good day,
    could you please help me realize my ideals of getting admition to on of the US universities to study TESOL program and that also for free. i would be so …………….. glad.
    thanks every one.

5. prince Says:

does Yale give full-scholarship to international student from Africa, and what bases.

6. jfrankel Says:

Thanks for your interest in our post!

Donna – Becoming a permanent resident in the US can be a challenge for an international student. While there are many ways that students can obtain a green card, most are done with employer sponsorship and green card lottery. While the number is hard to estimate, most international students are screened before their arrival to ensure that they will return back to their home country.

Daniel – Yale is an excellent school and is considered to be a top tier. The best chance to get in is if you apply: http://www.yale.edu/admissions/index.html

Mahmoud and Amir- There are many different degrees to choose from if you are interested in teaching English. We recommend that you investigate teaching opportunities and check to see what their requirements are. There are certifications from CELTA, TESOL, TEFL, etc.! You may want to look into scholarship opportunities for these programs or see if job opportunities offer sponsorship.

Prince – Yale does not award merit-based awards, however you may qualify for scholarships from other organizations. Check out International Education Financial Aid: http://www.iefa.org/

7. Olga Kim Says:

I am going to work on my doctoral degree in Yale…(I’m interesetd in SL studies…
    I’m a SOuth Korea citizen. ARe there any oportnities for me to win a scholarship???

8. yosef Says:

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Yosef from Ethiopia,East Africa.

I have got a Bacheler Degree in English and Deplomas in Tourist Guiding and Educational Administration.I have been working as a Tourism Development A/Senior Expert in Ethiopian Ministry of Culture and Tourism.Totally I have got about 8 years work experiences in tourism and related area and 7 years work experiences in teaching.

I have already understood your university is very popular ,so that I am very eager to join it inorder to persue Master’s Degree either in Tourism or English as a second languag .But I have no money to pay it.

So how can I get a free of charge of scholarship in your university?

Hope to hear from you soon.

May God bless you !!!

9. Osuji franklin chukwuebuka Says:

How can i apply? I want to study law. I just finished my o level.

10. joseph sesay Says:

i love to study at yale ,any scholarship available to study law

11. Binyam Says:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Hi I am from Ethiopia (East Africa), King Haile Selassie’s and Athlete Abebe Bikila’s Country. I got my bachelor degree in Engineering and i have a three years experience in different organizations. I heard about Yale University in one of popular media and finally after searching i redirected to this page.

I like to study in school of management but i haven’t money to afford for the payment. I try to get the financial aid programs but i can’t catch any of them. Is there any one who can help me to give me enough information how to get the financial aid and to apply for Yale University.

I am eager and ready to do or give whatever asked from me. I am one of thirsted of quality education. Please help me.

12. LRamirez Says:

Hi, mi name is Lina and im colombian
    i still studing at a School but im graduating soon an Yale university is my dream since im very young, could you give me clue of what is the amount that is needed to be paid per semester.
    I would really appresiate that

13. Amina Says:

hey ,i’m an algerian student ,Harvard University is my dream since i as a little girl ,so is there any scolarship for international students ?

14. Hayley Says:

Hi, I am English currently studying in England and I have not yet finished my GCSE’s, but I am looking to go to Yale when I have finished my A Levels and I was wondering what grades are needed from an English student in regards to the GCSE results as I would need to work on getting the required grades now.
    I would appreciate any guidance you can give.

15. TEFL course | Koh Samui | Ko Samui Says:

TEFL course | Koh Samui | Ko Samui…

[…]International Students Studying at Yale University « The International Student Blog[…]…

16. plabita Says:

im interested in taking a program at yale but my financial condition is not so favarable. but i secure above 80% at studies is it possible for me to get a sclorship.?
    pleaz rply

17. fair lawn florist Says:

Great items from you, man. I’ve take into accout your stuff prior to and you are simply extremely fantastic. I actually like what you’ve acquired right here, certainly like what you’re saying and the way during which you say it. You are making it enjoyable and you continue to care for to stay it wise. I cant wait to read far more from you. This is actually a great website.

18. organic green superfoods reviews Says:

Nice weblog right here! Also your web site loads up very fast! What web host are you the usage of? Can I am getting your associate link for your host? I want my web site loaded up as fast as yours lol

19. David Says:

hey… I’m Indonesian student. I have been preparing to get scholarship of master program next year in USA. but, I know nothing over there. I would appreciate any reply you give. thanks!

20. David Says:

hey… I’m Indonesian student. I have been preparing to get scholarship of master program next year in USA. but, I know nothing over there. I would appreciate any reply you give. thanks you so much!

21. australia florist Says:

australia florist…

22. Kaohsiung Jobs Says:

Kaohsiung Jobs…

23. Yeast Infection Cure And Treatment Says:

We’re a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your site offered us with useful information to paintings on. You’ve done an impressive job and our whole neighborhood will likely be thankful to you.

24. indonesia jobs Says:

What kinds of jobs are available to americans who want to live in the Indonesia? and what are the qualifications?

25. Rosamond Deringer Says:

Hey not to set off topic but can anyone give me a review of. Philadelphia Car Insurance Reform 1044 Market St. Philadelphia, PA 19107 (215) 618-2175 They can be down the block with me. I was wondering once they were a good insurance agency. I need to obtain coverage, it is regulations you know, but I have to have a good price price plus I want friendly service.

26. web hosting l domains l dedicated servers l templates l seo l cheap hosting Says:

web hosting l domains l dedicated servers l templates l seo l cheap hosting…

27. crystal mashamba Says:

Hey
    I am a South African student still in high school. Since I was a little girl I always wished to study my university level at Yale University doing medicine. I would really like you to tell me what grades do I have to reach for me to be able to study at Yale and how do I get a scholarship because my family won’t be able to pay the fee.

28. peter kimani njuguna Says:

am a kenyan student who just completed his highschool studies and would like to beg for a scholarship to study at yale .it has been my dream to study architecture or civil engineering please help me achive my dream

29. suma Says:

lover to study in abroad, thanks for the information