International Students Study in Colorado

Posted on January 28th, 2011 by Jenny Frankel

If there is one thing the state of Colorado and it’s institutions of higher education understand and appreciate, it’s the value of creating spaces for culturally diverse people to come together, as it breeds creativity, quality interaction, and transformative educational growth opportunities for all involved!

Downtown Denver alone maintains a population of almost 30% ethnic minorities and the state’s demographics include a significant Hispanic influence (largely Mexican in ancestry), as well as a sizeable Asian-American influence (primarily of Mongolian, Chinese, Filipino, Korean, Japanese, and Southeast Asian descent). Additionally, the international student population is proactively sought after by most Colorado college campuses and continues to grow annually. For example, this year alone, international students from 130 different countries around the world came ready to begin studying amidst the beautiful Rocky Mountains at UC Denver!

International students studying in Colorado bring a fresh and novel perspective from which they can share their unique experiences and enrich classmates’ learning and growth, a well-known fact that Colorado’s university admissions’ representatives firmly believe in. As Colorado University President Bruce Benson put it, international students studying in Colorado, “enrich campus life and classroom discussions, and enhance the global environment of UC Denver.”

Equipped with this solid foundation in the power of cultural diversity and interconnectedness, university admissions’ representatives in Colorado are proactive in offering a warm welcome and plenty of helpful resources to assist international students with their transition to the American education system. Some of the services available to international students studying in Colorado include (but are not limited to) immigration and cultural adjustment advising, issuance of immigration documents (such as authorizations and certification letters), advocacy for international student issues on campus, educational workshops (on topics ranging from orientation to employment and travel opportunities), sponsorship of international student organizations, and plenty of cultural and social activities to help build strong networks of peer support for international students studying in Colorado from all around the world.

Written by Jenny Frankel

Jennifer is the Director of Financial Services at Envisage International. Jennifer is a graduate of the University of Florida where she holds a Masters in International Business and a Bachelors of Science in Business Administration. She has lived and worked abroad in Chile, Costa Rica and London, and traveled extensively in South America, Europe and Asia.

14 Responses to “International Students Study in Colorado”

1. Laura Gutierrez Says:

How can I get i contact to someone that can guide me to get at least half scholarship to study in Colorado. I am on a H1B visa, working in Denver, Colorado, but I want to study. Many thanks

2. symbhav Says:

Symbhav 2011
    Sunday, January 30, 2011
    Rewind. Recollect. Rediscover.

Rewind to the a culturally outdated or aged style, trend, mode, or fashion, from the overall postmodern past, that has since that time become functionally or superficially the norm once again. It generally implies a vintage of at least 10 or 40 years.

This theme can be used to simply look back at “old fashioned” or old, functioning much like “timeless” or “classic”. It has also been associated with modernism in the immediate post-war years, encompassing an aesthetic that ranges from tailfins on Cadillacs to ranch houses.

It can suggest an entire outlook on life, Rewinding back can also be applied to forms of technological obsolescence, for example, manual typewriters, cash registers, bulky hand-held cell phones, or the resurrection of old computer games.

Most commonly, were are trying to describe objects and attitudes from the recent past that no longer seem “modern.” It suggests a fundamental shift in the way we relate to the past. Different from more traditional forms of revivalism. The theme suggests a half ironic, half longing consideration of the recent past. It has been called an “unsentimental nostalgia,” recalling “modern” forms that are no longer current.

This February, Symbiosis Law School takes you back to the times and gives you a chance to relive, recollect the old times and rediscover.

3. Diablo III beta keys Says:

I’m on my way!

4. Mellania Says:

I would like to pursue a degree at the university of colorado but i haven’t applied as yet because i don’t have the financial base to support the degree. i live in Zimbabwe and i don’t hold any US visa. i am looking for a full scholarship or any financial aid to study. please help me.

5. study abroad website Says:

People who come to study there from abroad countries. they spend a lot money to study. there should be special scholarship system for foreign students that mentally prepare to come but not just financially rich people.

6. Tavuyanavo Chinyoka Says:

I am a visual impaired man aged 26 who is currently doing a Bachelors education Honours degree in History at Midlands State University in Zimba bwe.My effective means of communication is Braille but can read large print.At the moment I don’t have any financial support.As such I am looking for a full scholarshipi

7. Tavuyanavo Chinyoka Says:

I am a visual impaired man aged 26 who is currently doing a Bachelors education Honours degree in History at Midlands State University in Zimba bwe.I am finishing in December 2011.My effective means of communication is Braille but can read large print.At the moment I don’t have any financial support.As such I am looking for a full scholarship

8. usman Says:

i want to study in foreign on scholarship plz guide me

9. Arlindo Says:

I am looking for sponsor to take an intensive english course (one year) at Colorado School of English in order to pass the TOEFL Test. This will allow me to enter the American university system as an international student. I am from Guinea-Bissau, a portuguese speaking country located in West Africa. If there is somebody who can help me achieve this goal, I would really appreciate. Thanks for reply.

10. Richard Says:

P/z i want to study abroad

11. Club Asteria Says:

hello there and thanks to your info ? I have definitely picked up something new from right here. I did on the other hand experience several technical points the usage of this site, since I experienced to reload the web site a lot of times prior to I may get it to load correctly. I were thinking about if your hosting is OK? Now not that I’m complaining, however slow loading instances times will often impact your placement in google and can damage your quality ranking if ads and ***********

12. Mile High Says:

Mile High…

[…]International Students Study in Colorado « The International Student Blog[…]…

13. Tax Prep Denver Says:

This year is already very booked, if the government keeps making changes on us it’ll make it even harder to get everything done this year before April 15.

14. Arbogast394@gmail.com Says:

Hey very cool site!! Man .. Excellent .. Amazing .. I will bookmark your web site and take the feeds also…I am happy to find numerous useful info here in the post, we need work out more techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .