Enter the Advice to Graduates Contest

Posted on May 1st, 2015 by Bryanna Davis

Advice to GraduatesWe are excited to announce that our Advice to Graduates Contest is back! Many students throughout the United States are graduating this month- what tips or advice do you have for them? Send us your advice for these graduates through Facebook, Google+ or Twitter for a chance to win $250! At the end of May judges at InternationalStudent.com will pick one winner with the most inspirational and creative advice.

The winner of this contest will be featured on InternationalStudent.com and receive a $250 amazon gift card- the winner will be announced the week of June 8th.

You must meet the following to be eligible to enter:

• At least 18 years of age at the time of entry
  • You can only submit one entry
  • Currently be or plan on becoming an international student

All entries must be submitted by May 31st, 2015 at 11:59pm EST. Late entries will not be accepted and the final winner be based upon the discretion of the International Student judges.

Need inspiration while thinking of advice for graduates in the class of 2015? You can check out last year’s winner, Sarah Hong. Sarah’s advice to graduates was:

“You Are Not An Imposter. Many times, students, especially those who are high achievers, have the “Imposter Syndrome”; sometimes they are unable to internalize their accomplishments, and think that they do not deserve the opportunities they are given (eg. work, scholarship, awards). Believe in yourself. You deserve everything and you have earned everything. Especially as an international student, you have outdone yourself and sought out the Education you wanted. Now take everything you’ve learned and change the world. You can do it.”

Visit our Facebook, Twitter or Google+ pages now to submit your advice to graduates!

*Update added June 3, 2015

Our 2015 Advice to Graduates contest winner has been named! Stay tuned for more information on the $250 winner and what words of advice helped them win.

Written by Bryanna Davis

Bryanna joined EIC in 2011 after returning to the United States from teaching English in China. Her interest in international education, sparked initially by her own study abroad experience in Wales, led her to the company. Bryanna is originally from Missouri and is a graduate from the University of Central Missouri.

2 Responses to “Enter the Advice to Graduates Contest”

1. Ayanna Lee Says:

Do not allow the passage of time to diminish your accomplishments. You may or may not spend months searching for a job or even an internship. This does not make you any less of a success. Be patient and develop yourself personally as you wait for your professional life to launch – you can acquire a new skill, join your school’s alumni association or become an associate member of a professional organization in your field of study. Let your waiting period be as nourishing as possible to your overall development and never lose that just-graduated feeling of triumph and achievement.

2. Elizabeth G. Endrastiana Says:

Dear Seniors, you have already finished the first step of being responsible person. Though there are so many difficult things ahead that may become threats within weakness and difficulties, I believe that you have also learned the way to get through with a strong attitude of winning persons over every challenges and I will follow it with care with in my seat of prayer and supporting fellowship