Announcing the International Student Photo Contest Winners

Posted on August 19th, 2013 by Bryanna Davis
SONY DSC

Peter Liyangwa’s First Place Photo

The entire month of July we received hundreds of great photos from students around the world who studied abroad- all who had the desire to share their best international photo with the hope of becoming one of the top three winners.

Although difficult, our judges were able to narrow down the over 400 entries to the top 20 finalists. The time has now come to announce the top three winners, and here they are:

• First Place ($200): Peter Liyangwa from South Sudan

While studying abroad in Russia, Peter and a few friends went winter camping near their University campus. Peter’s attempt at this Superman move landed him the top spot in the International Student Photo Contest! Congrats Peter!

• Second Place ($75): Margaryta Popova from Ukraine

Margaryta started playing the piano at age four- it was her passion for music while studying in Iceland that helped her became a well-known pianist. A photo of her first solo concert with a symphony orchestra is what allowed her to play her way into second place in this contest!

• Third Place ($25): Rashi Jain from India

While studying in the Republic of Maldives, Rashi had the chance to experience paradise and was able to document it all. Not only was she able to study abroad while enjoying scenic views- she is able to walk away with the third place spot in the Photo Contest!

Congratulations to each of the International Student Photo Contest finalists, and especially to Peter, Margaryta and Rashi! You can view each of their photos here.

No Responses to “Announcing the International Student Photo Contest Winners”