Top 3 Road Trip Routes in the US

Posted on May 23rd, 2013 by Bryanna Davis

Roadtrip126460277Although the United States spans thousands of miles from both North to South and East to West, road trips continue to be a poplar past time amongst those young and old within the US. If you are an international student within the US, or will be in the future, you will not want to pass up on the chance to take a road trip. Although road trips will take you a bit longer to reach your destination, the trip is mainly about the journey along the way. You have the chance to see areas of the US that are not typical tourist hot-spots, and may be off the main road, but give you a good look into American life and culture.

To get started, pick a destination, jump in the car and embark on a memorable adventure. Just in case you have no idea where to head on your journey, we have created a list of our favorite top 3 road trip routes in the US that you won’t want to miss.

• Route 1: Highway One is one road trip route that every international student should be able to experience. This route takes you along the coast in California so you can view waves of multiple gorgeous beaches along the way. Not only will it leave you awe struck by its beauty but it will leave you holding your breath while riding along sharp cliffs and numerous bridges.
  • Route 2: If you have a love for the untouched great outdoors, Magruder Corridor is one of the top 3 road trip routes in the US that you won’t want to miss out on. Although this trip is down a single-lane road that could use a bit of upkeep and requires you to go about 15 mph, the view makes up for what the pavement lacks. Surrounded by mountains, forest, and plenty of wild life, it will be a road trip through Idaho and Montana to remember.
  • Route 3: The Million Dollar Highway in Colorado is best known for its breathtaking sites along S curves that could be lacking a guardrail. If you are a new or easily frightened driver, this route may not be the best for you. However, if you are looking for a daring adventure that offers a scenic background then it’s time to head to Colorado!

There are plenty of routes throughout the US that are great for road trips. Even if you don’t choose to take one of our top 3 road trip routes in the US- make sure you keep in mind that the overall goal of a road trip is to take your time and enjoy the ride.

Written by Bryanna Davis

Bryanna joined EIC in 2011 after returning to the United States from teaching English in China. Her interest in international education, sparked initially by her own study abroad experience in Wales, led her to the company. Bryanna is originally from Missouri and is a graduate from the University of Central Missouri.

One Response to “Top 3 Road Trip Routes in the US”

1. Anonymous Says:

To Prospects Who Wants To grasp beats by dre But Is unable to Get Rolling