Affordable Student Accommodations

Posted on November 1st, 2012 by Jenny Frankel

Whenever traveling abroad, finding affordable student accommodations can make or break a trip, as well as a budget. However, the quest for cheap student living shouldn’t overshadow getting a feel for the way of life in a particular location. Feeling out an area is even more important when deciding whether or not to pursue a degree from a local institution there. Degrees take time, and most international students will agree that it is quite important that that time be spent in a comfortable and enjoyable place. That being said, traveling between hotel rooms and hostels is no way to get a feel for life in a particular area—this is where innovative websites like Wimdu come into play.

Helping international students and other travelers throughout the world, Wimdu is a travel service that allows homeowners to list their private residences on the Wimdu database wherein prospective travelers to the area can rent out all or a portion of a private residence for a particular length of stay—regardless of whether a semester or an evening. Traveling in such a way, through networks of locals, not only reduces costs (most Wimdu rates are competitive with hotels of similar quality), but enriches a travel experience. That is to say, more than just offering shelter, the affordable student accommodations offered through Wimdu provide international students the opportunity to experience a city through the stories and insights of their hosts; tips about the good places to eat, the hangouts, traffic and roads to avoid, as well as other questions about local culture and activities.

International students don’t need to worry about being responsible for damages to property or about properties being misrepresented on the website, as Wimdu offers insurance as well as employs a team that inspects accommodations prior to their being listed. Moreover, Wimdu users leave feedback on properties and hosts so as to maximize future users’ satisfaction with the service. That being the case, international students hoping to find cheap student living without sacrificing the quality of their study abroad experiences should consult Wimdu’s website and browse their over 50,000 affordable student accommodations located throughout the world!

Written by Jenny Frankel

Jennifer is the Director of Financial Services at Envisage International. Jennifer is a graduate of the University of Florida where she holds a Masters in International Business and a Bachelors of Science in Business Administration. She has lived and worked abroad in Chile, Costa Rica and London, and traveled extensively in South America, Europe and Asia.

One Response to “Affordable Student Accommodations”

1. Jeffrey Says:

Hi mates, its fantastic piece of writing about educationand completely explained, keep it up all
    the time.