Female International Students are on the Rise!

Posted on June 27th, 2012 by Annemarie Keller

Female international students are on the rise – at least for one institute in Terre Haute, Indiana. Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology is currently preparing for their largest female freshman class in history!  This year they’ll welcome 615 female international students, studying in engineering, science and mathematics.

You may be wondering what’s helping this institute attract so many female international students.  According to a national survey of deans and senior faculty conducted by U.S. News & World Report, Rose-Hulman has been rated a top undergraduate engineering college in the nation, for 13 consecutive years.  Students are expected to start arriving for class in mid-July. Click here to read more about this.

The number of female international students has grown significantly in the past 30 years.  The Institute of International Education published the first study on female international student numbers.  In 1980, they represented approximately 25 percent of all international students.  Today, 45 percent of international students are female and make up more than half of all postsecondary degrees inside the United States.  You can refer to the National Center for Education Statistics for more details and statistics on female international student numbers.

4 Responses to “Female International Students are on the Rise!”

1. Sharon Pope Says:

Annamarie

Female students are on the rise in the United States. Do you feel the reasons for international female students stems from the growing number of female students overall?

Sharon

2. Musuline Rogers Says:

I would like to receive the best of the Pure Water if I would be given the education require for learning activity.Hoping that education is the roll to development in a developing country.

3. Bangladesh Says:

This is really a good news for human being. Female plays an important role in the world in all sector, If the female is more educated than it will benefits for us. Thanks for the nice post.

4. Sharda Engineering College Says:

I simply want to mention I am just beginner to blogging and seriously loved you’re web blog. Probably I’m planning to bookmark your website . You surely come with good articles. Appreciate it for sharing your web site.