As some of you may have realized, last week we sent an email to our 1,000 plus Facebook members and asked for some feedback about what is important to you in the run up to the new semester – and we were overwhelmed by the number of you that got back in touch with us! We have tried to respond to all the comments we have received, and we are just sorry we could not personally respond to all of you.
From the main comments that came out these are the main items you wanted to hear more about and provide more information:
– How to schedule for classes
– How to choose professors
– How to save on books
– Opinions on fraternities and sororities
– Staying on Campus vs Off Campus
– Remain and work in the USA/ Internships/ Jobs/ Immigration
– International Scholarships
– What to do if you lose your sponsor/ finding sponsor
– International Student Loans
– Health Insurance/ Dental Insurance
– Find new friends/ roommates (particularly international students)
– Things to do for fun at college/ activities/ get more involved at college
– Improving language skills/ promote other colleges in Europe
– How to get to the USA, starting from scratch
Over the coming weeks, we are going to have a few guest post from international students who are writing topics on these subjects and providing us with their tips and viewpoints – plus we will also provide some factual posts that give guidance on these items.
We also plan to update the website and include some more content and sections that cover some of these items in a little more depth.
We hope you enjoy the posts, and please leave any comments with things we have missed that you would like to hear about!