International Student Enrollment in the USA Rebounding!!

Posted on November 12th, 2007 by Jennifer Frankel

Some great news that has just been released from the Annual Open Doors report is that International Student enrollments saw a 3% increase this past year to a new total of 582,984. This increase is the first significant increase in the number of international students since the 2001/ 2002 year – and shows that the USA is moving forward and rebounding after a few troublesome years.

Even better news is the report of a 10% increase in the number of new students that are enrolled compared with last year.

As for where the students are coming from, Asia is still the largest sender of students to the USA with a share of 59% of total enrollment (up 5%), and with an increase of 25% in the last year, the Middle East is one of the fastest growing sectors for sending to the USA.

For US Students Studying Abroad, this has seen an increase also up 8% to 223,534.

For more information about Studying in the USA, or Studying Abroad please see our website and be sure to check out the full details on the Open Doors Website.

2 Responses to “International Student Enrollment in the USA Rebounding!!”

1. Lenard Swager Says:

Excellent article, I’m an avid reader of your website, keep on posting that great content, and I will be a regular for a very long time.

2. University Ranking Says:

USA is one of the top destinations for international students in higher education.